Anchorage, AK 99503
Salary: $45.00 to $65.00 /hour
An established engineering and management company is looking for a local, experienced Structural Engineer to provide Design Structural Engineering services within the State of Alaska. Work can be performed remotley.
- Structural Engineer shall have a mastery of Structural Engineering concepts, principles, and practices.
- Experience in National Building Codes (IBC, IRC & associated reference codes) and Structural Engineering sub-disciplines (including structural elements and foundations for waterfront facilities, shore-side buildings, towers, and utility support structures, etc.) is required.
- Requires a minimum of 10 years of work experience in the structural engineering field.
- Perform independent technical reviews, project scope development, field investigation, planning, specifications, drawings, cost estimating, problem and conflict resolution, scheduling and design production, and facility condition assessments.
- Provide structural engineering troubleshooting and consultations, providing technical and project advice and guidance to Project Managers.
- Conduct comprehensive technical reviews of professional studies, reports and analysis.
- Provide technical reviews and review comments for project designs, including Design-Build and Design-Bid-Build efforts.
- Provide technical responses for Architect-Engineer (A/E) and contractor requests for information and coordinates with Project Managers in developing Scopes of Work for required contract modifications.
- Provide facility condition assessments and evaluations throughout Alaska.
- Occasional travel (with potential for overnight) required to operational & construction sites.
The work is primarily sedentary and can be performed in a normal office environment. Some overnight travel may be required and the contractor may be exposed to risks associated with field work which may include moderate stress such as being exposed to adverse weather, riding in small aircraft, climbing ladders, crawling under buildings, etc.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter to felix @ bce-ak.com
BCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.