An established engineering and management company has a full-time opening for a Construction Manager/Inspector (CM/I) to support multiple construction projects throughout Alaska. This position requires travel and extended stays at remote Alaskan locations, throughout the year.
Qualifications required include relevant education and experience in construction, architecture and engineering. Anticipated project assignments include new construction as well as repair of governmental buildings, utilities, hangars, shelters, maintenance facilities, bridges, office/administrative facilities, dining facilities, etc.
Position requires good communication and computer skills and work ethics. Duties and responsibilities may include but not be limited to: reviews of design; engineering problem solving; construction quality control and quality assurance; oversight of construction contractor compliance; construction contract administration; planning and scheduling; coordination and liaison with the client and the public; coordination of RFI’s and change orders budget and cost control; monitoring site safety; maintaining daily logs; reviewing contractor logs.
The CM/I shall be computer literate, knowledgeable in construction practices including applicable building codes, applicable safety regulations, cost breakdown estimating and negotiating, and technical writing. The CM/I should be able to open and manipulate Primavera Project, Microsoft (MS) Project, MS Word, MS Excel, MS SharePoint.
- Bachelor degree is preferred;
- Minimum 5 years of construction management experience;
- Ability to pass security screening for Government facilities;
- Must possess, at a minimum, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 30-hour construction safety training certification;
- Experience with federal DoD construction projects is a plus;
- Experience providing services in remote locations and in winter conditions;
- Experience working in culturally/environmentally sensitive areas, specifically in areas or on projects with strict monitoring and compliance requirements for resource protection;
- Active Construction Quality Management for Contractors certification is a plus;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organization and people skills;
- Good computer skills.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee should be able to travel by car, by plane, boat, and other transportation modes to visit various project sites. The employee should be able to navigate construction sites with rough terrain, climb ladders, inspect roofs, foundations, and similar. The employee must be able to effectively communicate with workers, public, clients.
Company offers competitive compensation and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off;
- Medical insurance;
- Retirement / 401 k
Interested parties please submit a cover letter, a resume, and a minimum of 3 professional references to dannie @bce-ak.com.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.