An established engineering and management company has a full-time opening for a Project Manager/Engineer to support multiple construction projects located on a secure, military base. The work would include the following:
Preparation of Project Documentation for Sustainment, Restoration and Modernization (SRM) Design and Military Construction Program (MCP) Projects, tasks include:
- Prepare project documentation for new construction, renovations and improvements for real property facilities projects as authorized by the Base Civil Engineering Office (BCE).
- Project documentation shall be completed in accordance with applicable directives and implement design policy. Project documents shall incorporate applicable code requirements to include the Unified Facilities Criteria.
- Monitor and/or inspect complex projects and substantial new construction, renovations and improvement to real property facilities.
- Maintain surveillance over projects to ensure compliance with contract documents. Ensure close out documents are signed, validated and forwarded to the BCE office within 45 days of substantial completion date. The Contractor shall assist in contract closeout with facility inspections, system start up, and coordination of operation and maintenance training.
- Participate in review of as-built drawings.
- Report urgent issues to BCE within 3 days of discovery, routine issues within 1 month.
Project Design Technical Support, tasks include:
- Provide technical expertise in the review of technical designs.
- Include reviews of drawings and specifications for all engineering disciplines for conformance to the project documents, design policy, applicable codes, and constructability. Conformance to cost limits shall also be confirmed.
- Support BCE in specialized review of the drawings and specifications to ensure understanding and incorporation of specialized technical inputs into the design review comments.
In-House Design of Local SRM Projects, tasks include:
- Complete investigative work to include: user interviews, technical research, and site investigation to develop designs for projects that provide cost effective solutions to existing problems to facilitate informed decisions by government authority.
- Perform limited technical design within his/her capability to produce drawings, specifications and/or statements of work for local construction projects.
- Using Means Cost Estimating Tools and contractor expertise, the contractor shall provide input for the preparation of construction cost estimates for designed projects.
- Completed designs shall be packaged with all appropriate information into a task order request package for review/approval by the BCE.
Energy Program Development, tasks include:
- Support the FLANG by investigating and evaluating energy reduction programs and opportunities. Brief’s plans/provides input to facilitate informed decisions by BCE.
- Prepare documentation related to energy projects or applications for energy programs.
- Highly desired Bachelor’s degree or 5 years demonstrated practical experience in the area(s) of expertise, or a demonstrated capability in project management. Frequently provide subject matter or functional area expertise in performing technical tasks. The candidate must have 2 years of experience in a specific construction-related discipline. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum qualifications may be substituted.
- Possess additional Air Guard experience and has a working understanding of the position functions and has sufficient knowledge to perform the work of the position described.
- Shall have extensive working knowledge of Federal, DoD, Army and Air National Guard engineering regulations, instructions and technical letters and knowledge of the Federal and DoD Acquisition Regulations; agency standard operating procedures and safety issues.
Interested parties please submit a cover letter, a resume, and a minimum of 3 professional references to Dannie @ bce-ak.com.