Miami, FL 33177
Salary: $40.00 /hour
ROLE: Field Construction Inspector (FCI)
LOCATION: Miami, Florida 33177 (some travel required)
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: 1 year with the potential of contract extension.
WORK SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week. Some overnight and weekend hours may be required.
- *Must have ACOE Certificate – Construction Quality Management for Contractors #784.*
- OSHA 30 certification for construction required.
- Must have knowledge of building and construction crafts.
- Capable of reading and understanding contract drawings and specifications.
- Experience required on construction projects including a wide range of trades such as electrical, mechanical, HVAC, roofing, and general building construction.
- Must demonstrate proficient and effective communications skills in the English language, both oral and written.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and able to pass background check.
The Field Construction Inspector (FCI) shall provide inspection services in predominantly the East Coast of Florida, including the Keys for construction projects and may need to travel occasionally to our clients locations; which include South Carolina, Georgia, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Nebraska, Kansas, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Louisiana. Duties of the FCI will be to:
- Ensure compliance with contract documents and inform the client if these requirements are not being met.
- Attend and take meeting minutes for preconstruction, quality control, progress and other meetings.
- Review and become familiar with contract documents for proposed construction execution.
- Review, analyze, and make recommendations on potential changes to the Construction Manager.
- Review and comment on Progress Schedules.
- Provide daily inspection, surveillance and reports of construction work to determine if the work is in accordance with contract requirements and that completed work conforms to contract requirements.
- Review all testing reports accomplished by construction contractors and any client materials testing for conformance with specifications.
- Perform surveillance of survey operations for layout and elevations of construction work.
- Review and comment on quality control plans.
- Monitor submittals utilizing the contractor prepared submittal status log. Develop and maintain a filing system for submittals.
- Inform contractor and Contracting Officer of safety violations.
- Coordinate requests for passes, outages, excavations, hauling, and delivery routes associated with Client property.
- Maintain liaison between the Client and the contractor.
- Review and comment on the accuracy of the construction contractor’s requests for payment. Verify quantities of all work in place and materials stored on site. Initial all payment requests.
- Review and comment on Contractor’s Daily Construction Report.
- Maintain an Inspectors Diary or Daily Log.
- Maintain orderly working files for correspondence, minutes of meetings and conferences, submittal status log, inspection and monthly reports, punch lists and contract documents including amendments, notices to proceed, change orders and modifications.
- Notify the client via the Construction Manager of any potential construction contractor claims/disputes relative to contract requirements and/or discrepancies in the drawings and specifications.
- Review and prepare comments on construction contractor’s requests for time and price adjustments.
- Prepare and submit weekly progress reports to the assigned Construction Manager and Client.
- Monitor tests and inspect all plumbing, mechanical, electrical, telecommunications and special systems.
- Participate in pre-final and final inspections, assist in preparation of detailed punch lists and check that all punch list items are corrected prior to final payment.
- Comment on contractor’s requests for final inspections regarding the completeness of specified construction work.
- Verify construction contractor’s maintenance of accurate as-built drawings on a monthly basis and provide comments on completed as-built drawings.
- Assist in review and comment on all “Operation and Maintenance” Manuals provided by construction contractor.
- Conduct labor standards interviews.