Shishmaref, AK 99772
Salary: $25.00 to $50.00 /hour
An established engineering and management company is looking for a local, experienced professional to assist Kawerak, Inc. with Owner’s Representation/Construction Project Management professional services in support of Kawerak’s Head Start Program new Head Start facility build in the village of Shishmaref, Alaska. This position will maintain a consistent construction process through general conditions, change order process, and coordination of project meeting milestones/schedules (pre construction/construction/close-out). The term of the contract will begin in May 2020 and will continue through construction completion. All work is to achieve substantial completion by May 2025 and final completion by June 2025. This position is subject to contract award.
Task orders may be expected to include particular services, by project, including project scoping, site selection, environmental assessments (NEPA compliance), archaeology (National Historic Preservation Act-NHPA Section 106 compliance and mitigation), survey, design, construction project management, and other engineering services necessary for design and construction of the Shishmaref Head Start Facility project.
Tasks for this position may include, but not limited to:
1. Assist Kawerak staff with the preparation and on-going maintenance of the Project Management Plan, including Construction Management Plan and Risk Management Plan;
2. The Contractor shall identify one lead individual who shall bear overall responsibility for all construction management services; 3. Identify detailed programming requirements;
4. Obtain and maintain key specification and referenced standards including: local and regional specifications, codes, standards, publications, regulations, applicable permitting criteria (local, state, federal agencies), standard drawings & head start specifications as applicable;
5. Cost estimating (total project, sub-projects and proposed change order(s);
6. Constructability/technical review of design documents;
7. Serve as Kawerak’s Owner’s Representation as the Construction Project Manager;
8. Coordinate and document communications with Design Team, Construction Team, Kawerak staff and other stakeholders;
9. Project scheduling using electronic project management software;
10. Assist Kawerak with selection of Construction Firm/Team;
11. Manage and document all project meetings;
12. Construction quality control monitoring, testing & inspection;
13. Provide digital photo or video log of progress at each stage;
14. Document and coordinate Construction Team request for information (RFI), and response;
15. Document and coordinate any Construction Team request for changes to project and response and all approved/denied requests for changes;
16. Document and coordinate any Kawerak request for changes to project, response, and all approved/denied requests for changes;
17. Document management and control including all construction and construction administration documents, correspondence, and as-builts, regardless of format (paper or electronic);
18. Document and coordinate Construction Team payment requests in accordance with Kawerak, Inc. accounting policies;
19. Perform claim analysis, commissioning services, project close out services; expert and witness services as appropriate and needed;
20. Endeavor to obtain satisfactory performance of each contractor. Recommend course(s) of action when requirements of contracts are not being fulfilled;
21. Monitor the approved overall project budget;
22. Identify key progress problems, action items and issues along with recommendation for solutions;
23. Additional duties not listed that would be considered industry standards as a Construction Project Manager.
The Owner’s Representation/Construction Project Manager shall be:
- Knowledgeable in construction practices including applicable building codes and applicable safety regulations;
- Knowledgeable in cost breakdown estimating and negotiating, and technical writing;
- Knowledgeable and preferably previous experience with construction of Head Start facilities.
- Education and professional qualifications related to construction, architecture and engineering;
- Experience proving similar services for similar projects.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter to dannie @ bce-ak.com
If possible, provide a summary of projects similar in size and complexity that demonstrate relevant experience, preferably in the Bering Strait region or rural Alaska.
BCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.