Senior Cost Estimator
BE PART OF OUR GROWTH! Seeking an experienced and career minded Senior Estimator for our expanding estimating team. Our ideal candidate is a team player who is highly motivated with a strong work ethic, has a diverse heavy civil estimating portfolio, with extensive knowledge and experience with bridges, highways, roadways, paving, guardrails, signing, and striping, and desires to be part of a professional, highly skilled, innovative and growing team. Seeking estimators who have experience in large scale horizontal, heavy civil estimates.
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Salary: Competitive Salary Based Upon Experience
Senior Estimator is responsible for providing cost estimations, detailed breakdowns of costs of major highways, roadways, bridges and other structures. Will be responsible for attending meetings, client correspondence, providing client reports and deliverables, in addition to site investigations, managing projects, takeoffs, detailed breakdown of cost components and indirect costs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and evaluates requests for estimates
- Reviews estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy
- Reviews construction documents and understands scope of work to bid
- Develop cost estimating format
- Develop final bid schedule
- Prepare cost analysis by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor, and overhead costs occurred in heavy civil industry projects
- Executes take-offs of construction documents
- Inputs take-offs data into spreadsheets
- Attend client pre-bid meetings and job showing, visit job sites, and keep a record of all verbal information disseminated by the client during the pre-bid meeting and job showing
- Prepare project cost estimates from the client’s RFQ documents and drawings and any other information learned during the pre-bid showing
- Must have ability to explain details behind each estimate, including the basis of the man-hours allocated for each task, personnel resources needed to execute each task, etc.
- Maintain cost estimating tools including databases, spreadsheets, and other computer-based applications to keep updated information on past performance and industry standards
- Assists Project Manager on alternative project execution approaches based on the scope of work and the most cost-effective execution methods available
- Maintain lines of communications between company departments, project manager, and client with regards to cost estimating activities
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience as a Lead or Senior Estimator on Relevant Heavy Civil Construction Required
- Experience estimating multiple projects in excess of $20 Million
- Experience estimating mass excavation and utility projects, storm water, bridges, treatment plants, pump stations Required
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field is Preferred although not mandatory with solid experience.
- Flexibility to effectively deal with changing priorities and timelines through analytical problem-solving.
- Able to work independently and in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- Displays superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- This is an office position and the environment will have normal sounds such as office equipment and foot-traffic.
- Occasional travel to job sites for pre-bid conferences required. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
This is a great opportunity to work for an established and growing privately-held, and rapidly growing engineering, construction management and government services company. BCE, Inc. was established in 1985, with offices through the Country and corporate office located in Anchorage, AK.
BCE, Inc. offers market competitive salaries and a full range of benefits, for full time employees. Compensation is based on experience, performance and motivation to excel.
BCE, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Interested parties please submit a cover letter, a resume, and a minimum of 3 professional references to Dannie @ bce-ak.com.