Cave Junction, OR 97523
An established engineering and management company is looking to hire a Construction Management Representative (CMR) for a project comprised of correcting critical life and safety deficiencies at the Oregon Caves Chateau, National Historic Landmark to ensure code compliant emergency egress and fire protection. Completed in 1934, this National Historic Landmark has significant barriers to accessibility due to its hillside location. The projects include:
- Correct fire suppression and detection, egress and accessibility deficiencies in public areas, guest rooms, staff quarters, and support spaces. Project includes fire suppression, installation of code compliant egress doors, fire detection and suppression system.
- Project will address structural deficiencies. Accessibility improvements include conversion of 1st floor guest rooms to be fully accessible (signage, door widening, closets and lavatories). Public areas will have improved access to dining facilities and restrooms.
- A three-story elevator will be installed between lobby, dining areas, and lower level employee areas.
- Project includes replacement of water supply piping, waste vent line piping, toilets and faucets. Replacement of steam piping; traps and radiators; and the replacement of main electric service entrance panel.
- Installations of plywood shear panels to interior walls. Work includes an internal stairway with fire-rated doors between the 3rd/2nd floors, floor joist replacement, and adding lateral force resistance through addition of plywood sheer walls on all exterior walls. Steel framed balconies will be added to meet fire code egress.
The Construction Management Representative (CMR) shall be:
- Knowledgeable in construction practices including applicable building codes and applicable safety regulations;
- Knowledgeable in cost breakdown estimating and negotiating, and technical writing;
- Computer literate and able to open and manipulate Oracle Primavera Project and Microsoft (MS) Project;
- Review Contractor’s pay applications and be able to work with the contractor to update schedule updates within the cost loaded schedules;
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Office 365 Platform project management program;
- Sufficient experience in Revit or BIM modeling and be able to assist in submittals updates; coordination drawings, or assist the contractor and/or AE in as built drawings within BIM.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 30-hour construction safety training;
- Experience with renovation of historic structures;
- Ability to pass security screening for Government facilities.
This position is subject to contract award and is a 600 calendar days period of performance, depending on Construction activities. Tentatively scheduled to start April 1, 2020.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter to dannie @ bce-ak.com
BCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.