Anchorage, AK 99503
Salary: $25.00 to $60.00 /hour
Bratslavsky Consulting Engineers, Inc is an established engineering and management company looking for a local, experienced professional to provide Geo-technical Water Treatment Engineering services in support of the National Park Service’s efforts in upgrading the water treatment system at the Copper Center Headquarters and Glennallen facilities in Warangell St. Elias Nation Park and Preserve (WRST).
The purpose of this project is to develop Schematic Design (SD) documents for water
treatment system upgrade options at the Copper Center Headquarters and Glennallen
facilities in Wrangell St. Elias National Park and Preserve (WRST).
This project’s purpose is to provide high quality potable water to the Glennallen and Copper Center facilities, meeting the current and future demand at both sites.
The scope of this contract will be to develop schematic design alternatives for the treatment
of water at both sites, and to conduct a Value Analysis exercise to identify the best long-term
solution to provide potable water to both facilities. Final design and preparation of
construction documents for the preferred alternative shall be accomplished as part of a
In order for the contractor to familiarize himself/herself with the Glennallen and Copper
Center sites, the contractor shall conduct a site visit to the sites that will include an overnight
stay as part of the scope of this project.
1) Professional qualifications necessary for satisfactory performance of services.
2) Specialized experience in design of complex water treatment systems, treating
extremely poor quality groundwater (ie, dissolved solids concentrations of 1,810 mg/l,
24.8 mg/l iron, .253 mg/l manganese, 1,380 mg/l alkalinity and 436 mg/l sodium)
including the development of plans, project specific specifications, and development of
reliable construction cost estimates; located in areas of extreme conditions such as
extreme cold temperatures, permafrost, frost heaving, and seismic activity.
3) Capacity to accomplish the work in the required time. PLEASE NOTE: The period of performance for this project is undetermined at this time.
4) Past performance on contracts with Government agencies and private industry
in terms of cost control, quality of work, and compliance with performance schedules.
5) Location in the general geographical area of the project and knowledge of the locality and remoteness of the project; Special consideration will be given for demonstrated similar experience in Alaska.
BCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.