Death Valley, CA 92328
Salary: $30.00 to $60.00 /hour
Bratslavsky Consulting Engineers, Inc. is an established engineering and management company looking to hire a Construction Manager Representative (CMR). This CMR position is subject to contract award.
- The CMR shall promptly notify the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) of any problems or issues observed.
- The CMR shall make recommendations to the COR only, and shall under no circumstances instruct or make recommendations to the construction contractor. The limits of contractual authority of the CMR shall be designated in writing by the CO only.
- The primary role of the CMR is to inspect the work of the construction contractor for progress, workmanship and conformance with the contract documents and existing codes.
- Draft project related correspondence for NPS review and issuance.
- Document controversial issues encountered/problems experienced by or with Construction Contractor.
- Participate in conference calls with CO and other parties as necessary.
- Provide NPS with information needed to resolve disputes with Construction Contractor.
- Reports: Provide to CO a report of findings and recommendations upon completion of all reviews listed below.
- SharePoint: Upload to NPS/DSC SharePoint Project website documents noted below within one week of generating. Government Cost Estimates and documents containing Personal Identifying Information (PII) (e.g. certified payrolls) shall not be shared using the NPS/DSC SharePoint Project website.
- Arrange, attend, and facilitate a variety of meetings including, but not limited to, weekly progress meetings at project site.
- Chair meetings between NPS and Construction Contractor except for pre-construction conference which will be chaired by CO.
- Prepare written meeting minutes.
- Attend Contractor led weekly and monthly safety meetings.
- Review, comment, and process Construction Contractor’s Division 01 Specifications and technical and informational submittals. Monitor Construction Contractor compliance with submittals.
- Upload to the respective Share Point sites
- Review Construction Contractor’s baseline and progress schedules. Prepare and submit DSC Baseline Schedule Review Checklist, Schedule Update Worksheet, and Schedule Update Log.
- Confirm Construction Contractor’s certified payrolls have been submitted for on-site labors and mechanics. Review for accuracy and compliance with construction contract requirements and perform labor interviews periodically.
- Review Construction Contractor’s requests for payments and associated documents. Complete DSC Construction Payment Request Checklist for each construction invoice. Upload draft pay estimate documents and completed Construction Payment Request Checklist to NPS/DSC SharePoint Project website.
- Receive, log, and review Construction Contractor’s submittals for completeness, accuracy and compliance with construction contract documents. Track submittals as required through completion of process and update Submittal Tracking log on NPS/DSC SharePoint Project website.
- Review and process Construction Contractor’s Requests for Information (RFI). Assist in resolution of, draft response to, track, and follow up on RFIs.
- Review Construction Contractor Quality Control (CQC) Daily Reports for accuracy, completeness and compliance with construction contract documents.
- Review Construction Contractor’s Operation & Maintenance (O&M) manuals, warranties, guarantees, and closeout requirements. Verify they are complete and in compliance with construction contract documents.
- Draft scoping documents for possible construction contract modifications. Scoping documents shall cite relevant Division 01 Specifications sections and shall include appropriate sketches illustrating work to be performed. Conduct fact finding as necessary.
- Prepare Government Cost Estimates with breakdown of labor, materials and equipment costs for proposed construction contract modifications.
- Review Construction Contractor proposals, requests for equitable adjustment, and claims for additional cost and/or time.
- Draft written proposal analysis explaining cost difference between Government estimate and Contractor’s proposed cost for NPS review.
- Draft written pre-negotiation objectives for NPS review.
- Draft written record of negotiations for NPS review.
- Inspect work of Construction Contractor for progress, workmanship, quality and conformance with contract documents, applicable building codes, and safety standards. Complete Daily Report for each day of on-site construction activities. At end of each week, upload reports to the NPS/DSC SharePoint Project website.
- Inspector(s) shall be knowledgeable in construction practices including applicable building codes, applicable safety regulations (must have a minimum of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 30-hour construction safety training).
- Monitor Construction Contractor compliance with Accident Prevention Plans (APP) and applicable safety requirements. Document safety issues on CMR Daily Log.
- Perform surveys of construction quantities.
- Take appropriate photographs (sRGB (standard Red Green Blue) color images in JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group) format at a pixel resolution of not less than 1600 x1200) that document construction progress and problems such as capturing items that will not be seen later, etc. Upload a minimum of three digital photographs of each work activity weekly to the NPS/DSC SharePoint Project website.
- Review and verify Construction Contractor’s project record drawings are updated to reflect changes and work completed before each monthly progress payment.
- Upon notification by Construction Contractor that work is substantially complete, perform inspection and draft deficiency list for NPS review. Generate cost estimate for each item on deficiency list.
- Coordinate critical point, special, beneficial, and final inspections by Design Staff or other Inspectors so construction work can be reviewed in a timely and efficient manner.
- CMR shall be knowledgeable in construction practices including applicable building codes, applicable safety regulations (must have a minimum of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 30-hour construction safety training), cost breakdown estimating and negotiating, and technical writing.
- CMR shall also be computer literate and able to open and manipulate Oracle Primavera Project and Microsoft (MS) Project, Word, Excel, and SharePoint.
- Must have 5 years experience as a Construction Manager Representative.
Location: Death Valley, California
Performance Period: The CM firm shall provide 270 days of construction management services. Exact dates of performance have yet to be determined and are dependent upon start of construction activities. The targeted construction NTP date is July 15, 2020 and is dependent upon completion of SHPO mitigation field work requirements.
Confidentiality: The information developed under this Scope of Services is the property of the U. S. Government and shall be kept in strict confidence.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter to dannie @ bce-ak.com
BCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.