Scappoose, OR 97056
Salary: $25.00 to $60.00 /hour
Bratslavsky Consulting Engineers, Inc. is an established engineering and management seeking a professional to provide Construction Management (CM) service to the Oregon Institute of Technology located in Scappoose, Oregon. This CM position is subject to contract award.
There will be three specific projects that require CM services, they are:
1. Renovation of the existing facility, The construction phase of this project is anticipated to begin June 30, 2020 with substantial completion on April 30, 2022 and final completion on May 1, 2022.
2. Construction of a new additive manufacturing center – The construction phase of this project is anticipated to begin September 20, 2020 with substantial completion on March 1, 2022 and final completion on April 1, 2022.
3. Four smaller projects overseen by a general contractor – The construction phase of this project will run from June 1, 2020 – October 1, 2020.
These projects are set to run from July, 2020 to Spring, 2022.
Construction Management services will include, but not limited to the following:
-Assist Oregon Tech with determining the appropriate delivery method for the proposed project.
-Assist Oregon Tech with selecting the appropriate consultants through a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) and or Request for Proposals (RFP) process.
-Review any contracts between the selected Consultants/Vendors and Oregon Tech for services to be performed.
-Change event management review, comment, and assist Oregon Tech in managing any change orders or potential change orders for the project.
-Review plans and specifications for suitability of school use; quality; student and staff safety; building code compliance; fire code compliance; size/sf.; future operation costs; and budget.
-Procurement and Contract review.
-Ensure all permits are procured and the applicant follows all local fire district requirements.
-Ensure contractors of all projects have developed, submitted and are following site safety plans.
-Ensure a reasonable, realistic, budget is developed and maintained.
-Perform on-site inspections for quality of workmanship, quality of materials, conformity with plans and specifications, code compliance, on site safety, project schedule vs progress, and general progress of the construction project.
-Attend, or conducts, construction meetings with contractor, architect, and major subcontractors that are on site.
-Prepare Monthly Reports.
-Review progress billings and when necessary negotiate revisions.
-Ensure compliance with all closeout requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in building science, civil engineering or other related field as well as and relevant work experience with demonstrated knowledge of:
- construction accounting,
- hazard management,
- green building,
- fundamentals of project management,
- project scheduling,
- construction law,
- blueprint reading.
Construction Manager must be knowledgeable in construction practices and work well with contractors to avoid problems and resolve them quickly when they arise. The Construction Manager must demonstrate the following:
- Analytical Skills: must be good at planning for large-scale, multi-step projects.
- Decision Making: must make numerous decisions and recommendations regarding
- Management Skills: Must work collaboratively and effectively with construction contract firms working on the projects.
- Communication: Good writing, collaboration and speaking skills are needed when communicating with contractors and the client to identify and resolve problems in a timely and efficient manner.
- Technical Skills: Must know construction methodologies, read blueprints and understand other technical aspects of construction.
- Time-Management: Deadlines are crucial in construction. Making sure that everything is on time and moving smoothly is a critical element of the work requirement.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter to dannie @ bce-ak.com
BCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.