Salary: $40.00 /hour
ROLE: Construction Manager
LOCATION: Everglades National Park, Florida
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: 1 year
WORK SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week. Some weekend hours may be required.
Engineering & construction management company is currently hiring a full-time Construction Manager(CM) to provide management and oversight of multiple teams of construction inspectors working on multiple projects, simultaneously. It is imperative that the CM coordinate the progress, quality, and daily reporting & testing necessary between each team to track, report, and complete each project successfully. This position will require traveling to various jobsites by automobile, all locations within a 300 mile radius. This position is subject to contract award.
Demolishing and constructing replacement park personnel housing units, roof damage repair and/or replacement, upgrade of park buildings with hurricane grade windows, interior, exterior, and electrical repairs to park buildings, replacement of floating finger piers and associated wood piles, replacement of a shade canopy, removal and replacement of a floating dock system in its entirety and 4 associated boat lifts, boardwalk repairs, marina dredging and new construction sitework.
- Construction Management certification or equal educational experience.
- Prior, recent experience working with Government Project Managers / CORs on processing change orders, request for information, submittals and field observation reports.
- Management and coordination experience with overseeing multiple contractors with overlapping responsibilities.
- Must possess at minimum, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 30-hour construction safety training certification.
- Shall be knowledgeable in construction practices including applicable building codes, applicable safety regulations, cost breakdown estimating and negotiating, and technical writing.
- Shall be computer literate and able to open and manipulate Oracle Primavera Project and Microsoft (MS) Project, Word and Excel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter to dannie @ bce-ak.com. In these items you will need to demonstrate your work history experience performing CM services on government projects. Also, explain your experience overseeing a team of project personnel.
BCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.