Salary: $30.00 to $50.00 /hour
Engineering & construction management company is currently hiring a part-time, on-call Construction Cost Estimator with construction management experience to provide cost estimating services for design and construction projects located at National Park Service sites.
Work will be performed on-call (off-site) at the Cost Estimator’s location. Personnel shall be available on an as-needed basis for the duration of the performance period.
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE (TENTATIVE):
Now through September 30, 2020
• Education: Completion of an accredited 4-year degree in construction management, civil engineering, or related design and construction field preferred.
• Minimum Experience: 10 years with a degree or 15 years without a degree of direct construction management experience in the commercial or government construction industry as follows:
- Preparing cost estimates, construction schedules and assisting with change order negotiation and general problem solving.
- Inspecting and documenting construction to include inspecting building materials, workmanship, utilities, and installation of systems.
- Reviewing specifications and drawings, construction schedules and contract documents in support of cost estimating.
- Understanding and interpreting building codes, safety codes, and environmental rules and regulations.
- Understanding and interpreting the methods and techniques of architectural and engineering principles relating to construction practices and techniques.
- Understanding and interpreting civil, electrical, mechanical, structural and architectural requirements of construction projects.
• Proficient in cost estimating software (RSMeans, CostWorks, e4Clicks), scheduling software (Primavera, Microsoft Project), Word and Excel.
• Understands cost estimating for government agency projects in remote locations that include cultural and natural resources.
• Provides technical support to the project delivery teams and park facility management staff for cost estimating
• Serves as design and construction cost estimating subject matter expert, provides recommendations to project teams and park facility management staff during design and construction on the following:
- Provides cost estimating and budgeting input for in-house designs and for park facility management staff for scoping projects and requesting funding.
- Prepares and provides independent cost estimates in accordance with NPS Cost Estimating guidelines for in-house designs, request for proposals and project modifications
- Reviews and comments on cost estimates from A/E design contractors and in-house designers
- Analyzes costs for contractor requests for equitable adjustment (REA) and claims. Provides recommendations on Government positions and assesses risk.
- Reviews, comments on and/or prepares independent cost estimates for PMIS project scopes and budgets
- Other related duties as assigned.
In addition to the performance requirements noted for each position, all contractor personnel selected for the required positions shall:
- Provide assigned task deliverables on official forms as provided by the COR.
- Ensure task deliverables reference the appropriate assigned task, PMIS number, drawing sheet number, specification section, etc. to pinpoint the source of the task deliverable for the use of the project design team.
- Respond to requests for explanations and/or modifications of their task deliverable from NPS staff via COR correspondence.
- Furnish technical advice to NPS staff associated with assigned tasks and cost estimating.
- Confer and consult with other NPS staff and the COR regarding the NPS processes, templates and procedures.
- Complete all assigned tasks within 10 working days of receipt of task package.
- Attend teleconferences with 2 working days’ notice.
- Attend conference call meetings with the COR and NPS staff one-day every month to review assigned tasks and performance requirements as stated in Attachment 1.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter to dannie @ bce-ak.com
BCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.