Salary: $40.00 to $50.00 /hour
Bratslavsky Consulting Engineers, Inc., an engineering & construction management company, is currently hiring a full-time Onsite Construction Inspector/Quality Assurance Manager with experience in developing and maintaining complex, long-term, multi-year inspections/quality assurance management activities.
The successful Onsite Construction Inspector/Quality Assurance Manager candidate will need to meet the following qualifications/requirements:
- Possess a degree in architectural, engineering, or construction management.
- Previous experience as a lead inspector/project engineer.
- Experience in preparing correspondence and maintaining official construction site records, including inspection reports and photographs.
- Experience in conducting meetings to resolve problems on construction projects, and briefing clients and management personnel.
- Experience in equipment commissioning processes and equipment/systems operations.
- In-depth knowledge of construction practices and workmanship, including experience in proper uses of construction materials and installation methods.
- In-depth experience in interpreting construction drawings and specifications on construction projects.
- Complete understanding of all contract documents and be an expert in field problem solving skills and the interpretation of drawings and specifications.
- Ability to enter DB Contractor’s Schedule of Values (SOV) into ePM.
- Ability to review and evaluate DB Contractor’s monthly payment requests and recommend payment or rejection to GSA PM, CO, and COR; ability to prepare required documentation for monthly payment requests (e.g., GSA 184).
- Ability to accurately calculate construction costs and time impact analyses for changes.
- Experience in making material take-offs for construction work, pricing the value of needed work, evaluating proposals and related Bill of Materials, and preparing required documentation for change requests (such as Statement of Work, Cost Estimate (IGE), and GSA 2437, “Findings of Fact for Contract Modification”).
- Ability to support the Owner (GSA) in negotiating equitable adjustments to the contract, including providing backup documentation.
- Ability and experience in the inspection of materials, workmanship, and construction and installation of various systems (such as fire alarm systems, MEP, BAS, civil/structural/geotechnical, elevator, traffic, welding, landscaping, CBP installations, building envelope, testing procedures, mockups) within the inspector’s area of expertise.
- Experience with reviewing submittals, shop drawings, requests for information (RFIs), manufacturer’s application and installation guidelines
- Experienced with computer applications such as CAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, ePM, Microsoft Project and other equivalent schedule software.
- Experienced with digital photography and video and using them to document construction progress and create inspection reports.
- Experience with the use of GSA’s Electronic Project Management (ePM) system or similar computer-based project management system.
- Ability to analyze a cost-loaded schedule against installed construction materials and material delivery.
- Knowledge of safety practices in the construction industry including a background of familiarity with OSHA safety requirements on construction projects.
- It is preferred, but not required, that anyone serving in this capacity be a Certified Construction Manager (CCM) from the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA).
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter to Dannie @ bce-ak.com
BCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.