Columbus, OH 43215
Salary: $30.00 to $40.00 /hour
ROLE: Construction Manager as Agent (CMa)
LOCATION: John W. Bricker Federal Building, Columbus, Ohio
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: 36 months
WORK SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
Engineering & construction management company is currently hiring a full-time, temporary Construction Manager as Agent (CMa) to provide management and oversight of the repair and alteration project to consolidate the Judiciary’s U.S. Bankruptcy Court (USBC) and the Department of Justice-U.S. Marshals Service (USMS) from over 51,000 usable square feet (USF) of leased space in the Columbus area to approximately 25,000 USF in the Bricker FB. The project will meet the long-term housing needs of the USBC, decrease the Federal Government’s reliance on leased space, reduce federally owned vacant space, and improve space utilization in the Bricker Federal Building.
The project will create two USBC courtrooms on the 1st floor and three chambers, clerk space, and support spaces on the 7th floor. A freight elevator will be used to securely join the court’s space. The project also includes the relocation of 800 USF of USMS Court Security Office from leased space.
USMS are anticipated to be on the 1st floor.
The project also intends to renovate the first floor entrance lobby as part of the GSA’s First Impressions Program. Renovations include a refresh of the space and new building screening to meet USMS security requirements. As part of the interior space alterations, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing upgrades required to house the USBC in the building will be completed.
This position is subject to contract award.
1. Shall have at least 10 years work experience managing design and construction projects with working knowledge of architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, fire alarm/sprinkler systems, control systems, and space renovations. Experience with alterations in an occupied building will be given greater weight.
2. Shall possess a professional college degree and a professional license in engineering or architecture, or demonstrate 10 years of post-graduation experience in design and construction providing project management.
3. Shall demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexity including multi- phase projects in design and construction.
4. Proposed individuals shall demonstrate the ability to deal effectively with contractors, tenants, and government agencies to resolve open issues providing excellent customer service and client satisfaction.
5. Must demonstrate computer literacy and the ability to open and manipulate Primavera Project Planner (P3) and Microsoft (MS) Project schedules, or similar, and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and other commonly used software systems.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter to dannie @ bce-ak.com.
BCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.